ancient prince paul mix

Friday, October 23, 2009 by Chris


i'm totally hijacking this post from stacy over at nerdtorious.

from the write up over there:

"I made this for Tommy Boy as a promo item in the late ’90s to reintroduce myself to the public. It was to launch off the reissue of Psychoanalysis and a new project, A Prince Among Thieves. I just wanted to make something different from the old traditional mixtape that was out at the time. I had my friends and mom do little intro pieces to the songs.

I wanted to make it appear like I was this elusive, eclectic guy, and they were describing my work to those who weren’t familiar with me. The photo [on the back] is a picture of my son when he was about 3 or 4. He was always facinated with the turntables now he’s a DJ himself at 17. I put a lot of work into that tape, I’m glad that it’s still being enjoyed."

the weekend has begun. i'll be chilling with psychoanalysis (what is it?) for a while.

prince paul: confessions of a beat-junkie
Posted in Labels: , , , | 0 Comments »

No comments: