2nd guessers, see thru sweaters

Thursday, April 16, 2009 by Chris


i love when a group is about to break and they're so on point with their shit. no filler, cause that's deadly on a promo mix when you're on your grind trying to get over.

just found out about super viral brothers. kinda shitty name if you ask me, but then again, here i am spreadin their metaphorical internet seed. they've got a short mix out there for download from their myspace, but i've embedded it below so you don't have to go through the trouble of having your virus blocker get all huffy on you when you try to snatch up the zipped file like mine did.

dude basically raps weird crap over ballsy left-field samples, and it works somehow.

if you haven't already clicked play, go ahead and giv'er a go to hear aphex twin underneath this babble of calculated strange:

I don't do windows but I do rugs.
I'll move my stuff up out the way so I can vacuum.
Under the covers sweep out the closet.
When I find some unmentionables a smell test.

When you wash a dirty window do it twice until it's clean, you naah mean?

I found a G string.
Say what is that?
It wasn't mine so I just kicked it to the bedside.
I found some cisco, that liquid crack.
Providing me my tunnel vision so I clean fast.

seriously. it gets better/weirder/even better as it chuggs along.

hard to believe these guys are from stockholm, sweden.

Super Viral Brothers: Flu shot Mixtape (2009)


all of the fun comes from the fucked up juxtapositions of unexpected musical choices with tripped-out almost-in-da-club-isms.

2 comments:

Dreed said...

I can't tell if maybe this is white people rap, because I'm really digging it. What I'm saying is: I'm white as hell, this is weird as hell, and we go together like vomit and linoleum.

Chris said...

yeah. they really make me think of kid cudi who basically embodies white person rap. i'm really really really hoping that the term hipster-hop does not come any where near the pop-culture lexicon.

regardless: white or black or whatever person rap, if it's this weird, i'm absolutely down every which way.